Sunday, September 6, 2015

The end of an era.....

This is me.



I'm actually not sure how old I am in this picture, but my hair is pretty amazing! Don't you think?

Although, this picture makes me cringe a little bit now, amazingly, I don't think it stood out much back in the 90's. As time passed and styles changed, I slowly changed with them (even if I was a little behind what was currently trendy).

Change is good! At some point, I had to admit that curled and hairsprayed bangs weren't "me" anymore and that is similar to what has happened here at A Steady Rain.

I didn't have a clear focus when I began A Steady Rain. I just wanted to document God's daily blessings! What a huge topic, right? It was a great fit for me as I learned the ins and outs of blogging. As God has graciously taught and molded me over the last six years, I have developed a love for stretching my mind a bit. I enjoy reading articles (and occasional books) on deeper theological topics. I pick my husband's brain constantly about questions that confuse or intrigue me.
I'm also quickly seeing that those topics are actually extremely helpful in motherhood. The more I know my God, the more I love him and can pass that on to my children.

I feel like the time has come to leave A Steady Rain. I'm moving to an online home more tailored to the topics that I'm passionate about and I'd love it if you'd join me!



The paint is still drying and I need to hang a few more pictures on the walls, but while you wait, I'd love for you to sign up to receive the new posts in your email when they are ready. I'm even planning on a bi-monthly newsletter with extra gospel centered encouragement and reminders for you. You'll receive a special free gift for being such wonderful guests at my new home!



Invite your friends to join us at Dishes & Doctrine or the new Facebook page! I'm excited to remind each other of the gospel and learn how to apply doctrine to the mundane (and crazy) days of motherhood.

Thank you for your support and kindness here over the years!

This isn't goodbye. It's just a new hairstyle!

Love you all!


post signature Follow on Bloglovin

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Rachel, I'm so excited about your new venture, and I look forward to seeing what God has in store!