Monday, March 29, 2010

Above all......

The last couple of days, I have written about the Creative Ministries weekend that our church hosts each year. This was my first time to lead the music and I was a little stressed about it! The teens ended up doing a fantastic job and I thank the Lord for helping the entire program to come together. One of the songs that the teens loved singing was, Above All. Even though it's not Sunday's Song, I wanted to post it in case you are unfamiliar with the song.


As we were singing this song for the last time yesterday evening, I looked around at these 21 teens from three different youth groups. Some had their eyes closed (which, by the way, means that they weren't looking at their director), and all of them were singing with all of their strength. I was really moved, and I had to fight back a lump in my throat as I was directing. Later, last night, I was thinking of how beautiful it was to see those teens worshiping their Savior in complete unison. It was almost like a tiny taste of what our worship will be like when we get to finally see our Lord in heaven. Revelation 5:13 says,
"And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:


' Blessing and honor and glory and power
Be to Him who sits on the throne,
And to the Lamb, forever and ever! ' ”

I believe that we will be overwhelmed by the worship in heaven! We will fall prostrate before the throne of God. We will be in awe of finally meeting our Creator and Savior. What an amazing day that will be!! All the "important" things I "need" to do this week seem to pale in comparison to that sweet reunion. I can't wait to be in the heavenly choir, singing praises with the angels. We won't need any practice or dress rehearsals for this choir. Our love for our Redeemer will be all we need for the best worship service ever!! I can't wait!!


0 comments: